Friday, February 6, 2015

It's About Time . . . . .

   
   Pussy Toes (antennaria ) and Fringed Polygala (Polygala paucifolia)
Two very elusive ephemeral flowers that I have been on the lookout for since I moved here, so imagine my delight to find them growing together in a sunny patch just up the road from me !

February 6, 2015

Time is something I never seem to have enough of. This is most likely because I have enough interests/hobbies/projects started to keep ten people busy 24/7. The good thing about that is that I am never bored.

This nature blog is several years in the planning, but up to this point I have been so busy relocating and settling into a whole new life, immersing myself in the nature all around me, learning to use a new digital camera, getting adjusted to my new computer, and trying out Photoshop Elements 7, gardening and chicken tending, even the best of intentions seem to fall by the wayside.

Today is frigid and snowy outside, a good day to work on a blog!

I have had an avid interest in native wildflowers for as long as I can remember, and in anything nature related. I have been gardening since I learned how to toddle along behind my mother and her green thumbs.  For much of my life I been involved in raising and studying monarch butterflies, and other caterpillars that I come across in my travels. Thus many of my posts will be about flowers and butterflies that I come across, but also anything else nature related that strikes my fancy or pops in front of my camera during my photo treks.

I am not a daily blogger, and perhaps never will be, as my life is just rather busy and truth be told not nearly as disciplined as I would like it to be. So if you would like to follow my entries I would suggest subscribing to my blog so that you will receive an email when I post something new.

I welcome comments and discussions and look forward to meeting others of you who share my passion for the natural world.

Enjoy what each day brings you, because the little miracles never cease.

No comments: